Willing to make your own CBD E-Liquid? If you are looking to learn how to produce your own from your CBD Crystals you are in the right place.
What are CBD Crystals?
CBD crystals are simply a form in which CBD can be presented. It gets its name from its resemblance to actual crystals, yet the consistency itself is nothing like crystals, and you needn’t worry about them being hard.
There are 3 different types or forms of CBD crystals, and these are CBD Crystal Isolates, CBD Crumble, and CBD Shatter. These are all different due to the method of extraction, and the different types of solvents used to get the CBD from the hemp or cannabis plants.
CBD crystal isolates are white and powdery in consistency, and these are usually around 98 – 99% pure CBD, with the exception of traceable amounts of other components in the cannabis or hemp plants.
CBD shatter is thin and has an appearance like that of glass, for it usually comes in sharp pieces, and will shatter when dropped or hit. CBD wax shatter is usually not clear in colour, for it is not a pure isolate, but it is very clean and is preferred for many different types of DIY CBD products thanks to its malleability.
CBD wax crumble is waxy and smooth in appearance, and as its name suggests, looks like large crumbs or crumbles off a larger piece. This type of CBD crystal gets its appearance from both the way it is extracted and the components it has within it. Normally, wax crumble is more of a full spectrum CBD, meaning that it has many of the natural oils and terpenes which the cannabis or hemp plant produces.
How to Make Your Own E-Liquid with CBD Crystals?
E-liquids are actually very simple and easy to make. Especially when you want to make one just to your liking, or to cover certain preferences or needs of yours.
The best way to start out is by purchasing high-quality food grade Propylene Glycol (PG), and Vegetable Glycerin (VG), both are found easily on Amazon. Then, you need to purchase high-quality CBD Crystals of your choice. Make sure you are getting CBD Crystals that are an Isolate to get the most out of your products and to be able to make a more seamless and smooth e-liquid.
After you purchase your 3 main ingredients, you will also need an airtight container or bottle in which you can mix your e-liquid and store in. This needs to be airtight because you will be warming your mixture up in a pot of warm water, and you don’t want any water whatsoever getting into the mix. Make sure it is heat-safe and airtight.
If you want to make a flavoured E-liquid you will need to purchase a high-quality E-liquid Flavour Concentrate in the flavour of your choice. You can get these on Amazon or from any Vape Shop.
Now, to begin making your own CBD e-liquid you must first know that the most E-liquids have a PG to VG ratio between a 60:40 and 70:30. Meaning it is made up of 60% PG (Propylene Glycol) and 40% VG (Vegetable Glycerin).
Love Hemp suggests 200mg of crystals to 10ml of E-liquid for best results, so based on their professional opinion we suggest the same. This would make an E-liquid with a strength of about 2%.
Right below here you will see the step by step method we find the best:
- Measure out 6ml PG and 4ml VG and pour the mixture into your airtight container (This is to make 10ml of E-liquid).
- Measure out 200mg of CBD Crystals (this is best done with a scale) and mix into the airtight container.
- Pour about 3 – 5 inches of water into a pot and set on medium-high heat. This water should reach approximately 60 degrees Celsius. This is basically very hot, but not boiling. Be sure to not go too far over this temperature.
- Once the water is the correct temperature, put your sealed contained of e-liquid into the water, and set your timer for 10 minutes. Note: this is just so that all the ingredients in your e-liquid can fully melt and merge into one another.
- After the 10 minutes is up, you can take out your e-liquid, let it cool, and even mix in a few drops of flavouring if you choose to do so. You can also add it in before the mixture goes into the hot water, for it does not change much in terms of the outcome.
Now you know all about how to make your own CBD infused e-liquid. We hope you like the way yours turns out. Making vape juice really is a simple task, and only takes around 15 minutes or so. Many people are starting to make their own because they like the control they have. This is a great way to make a non-addictive E-liquid free of nicotine.
Let us know if you’ve made E-liquids before and how they’ve turned out!