CBD gummy bears offer a fun and delicious way to enjoy CBD, but are they legal?
In this 2021 Update, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know about CBD gummies, from the basics to the legalities, as well as our top recommendations.
What Are CBD Gummies?
CBD gummy bears, or CBD gummies in general, are a form of CBD edibles.
They were introduced in the US as an innovative way to take both CBD and medical/recreational cannabis (which is not yet legal in the UK). The public took to them very quickly thanks to their appealing image, taste, colour, and optimal convenience.
There are many ways a CBD gummy can be presented, and they can vary in dosage, size, shape, colour, and flavour. Therefore, you have many different options if you want to begin your CBD journey with CBD gummies.
In addition, different companies make their CBD gummies different ways; you can find all natural gummies, very high dosage gummies, even sour or sugar-coated gummies.
As you can see, you’ll never have a dull moment when it comes to CBD gummies!
Are CBD Gummy Bears Legal in the UK?
As of November 1st, 2018, CBD is a legal substance in the UK. Therefore, all products which contain CBD are also legal – including CBD gummies.
As you may already know, there are some rules and regulations which CBD must comply with when sold in the UK. These regulations include making sure the CBD had less than 0.2% THC content, and CBD gummies are no exception to this rule.
Update: 13th February 2020. The UK Food Standards Agency released new guidance on the legality of CBD products requiring all products on the market to submit a Novel Foods application by 31st March 2021 in order for them to remain legal.
It is currently not legal for there to be more than 1mg THC per packet of gummies sold in the UK or 0.01% THC.
Curious About CBD Laws? Learn More: Is It Legal To Grow CBD (Hemp) Plants In The UK?
All of the CBD gummies you see on our site are 100% legal and approved, made by well known and loved CBD brands. We offer an excellent variety of CBD gummies to choose from, so we hope you find exactly what you are looking for.
Why Are CBD Gummies So Popular?
CBD gummies, as mentioned at the beginning of this blog, are popular thanks to the variety of options available: their appealing names, flavours, and colours.
They are also super convenient to consume and are discrete…
They are, as you can imagine, very easy to grab and go about your day with. Perfectly disguised thanks to their common appearance. Gummies are also great for people who don’t have the time or patience to measure out each dose throughout the day. Furthermore – they are very easy to take in any public space.
Additionally, CBD gummy bears just taste great, compared to the grassy and earthy taste found in pure oils.
Pros and Cons of CBD Gummy Bears
Like everything, though, CBD gummy bears have pros and cons, and below we mention the top 3 for each category:
- Your dose is already measured out. Therefore, it is extremely easy to grab one or two and go about your day, without worrying about the correct measurements.
- CBD gummies are very discrete, since they are small, portable, pre-measured, and quite a common sight.
- CBD gummies are usually released into your bloodstream at a slower rate, which can be more effective in the long run.
- A lot of cannabidiol gummies are not vegan or vegetarian due to the gelatin used in them. It can be hard for vegetarians and vegans to find gelatin-free versions.
- People who have allergies to gluten or gelatin won’t be able to enjoy these CBD infused treats. This also applies to allergies to any of the additional ingredients such as flavourings or colourings.
- Since gummies are released more slowly into the digestive system, they may not begin to take effect as soon as a sublingual oil will. This might be a con for some people.