CBDLife UK Hemp Extract Oil CBD + CBDA (Raw & Refined)
CBD Life UK® is a well-known, buttoned-up player in the CBD scene. Their range of broad-spectrum and full-spectrum natural CBD Oils are designed with both new and experienced users in mind – and have the Cannabis Trade Association’s stamp of approval. This range from CBD Life comes in tincture form, however, if sprays are more your thing, CBD Life also offer those!
£19.95 – £49.95
About CBD Life UK
- They’re London-based and have been around for several years, building a reputation on premium products that are made under a strict manufacturing and independent testing regime; they’re leaders in an industry whose regulatory practices have been known to drag their feet.
- Their products are “safe, natural, 100% non-toxic and non-psychoactive” and they pride themselves on third-party testing. CBD Life UK is also a founding member of the Cannabis Trade Association (CTA), promoting good practice and transparency in the industry.
- They’re focused on end-consumption by everyday people, and so their Oils are made to be easily accommodated into daily routines and dietary practices to provide an alternative form of wellbeing support.
- They promise that all of their products provide the best natural benefits CBD has on offer – relaxation, remedy, and more – “œwithout compromise“.
- Furthermore, their business seeks to embody the sustainability of their products – building a brand, production, and distribution system towards 100% sustainability and being in balance with nature and each other.
If you would like to learn more about the brand, please check out our CBD Life UK Brand.
Why do we Like CBD Life?
CBD Life UK is vocal about the fact that they only extract CBD from Cannabis Sativa flowers and buds. This means that they derive all of their CBD exclusively from the hemp buds and flowers themselves, which are known as the richest and purest CBD centers of the hemp plant. Furthermore, they avoid potentially lower quality sources such as leaves and stems, which can contain unwanted components.
The company’s buds-only approach not only has benefits for the quality of the product you consume, but it’s also a more ecologically responsible means of harvesting CBD, as the rest of the plants can then be utilized in textiles or other production processes.
CBD Life also boasts a “œunique method“ of THC separation, ensuring that their broad-spectrum Oils are THC-free, and the full-spectrum varieties maintain a ‘Farm Bill’ compliant (0.3% or less, and therefore non-psychoactive) concentration of THC. So none of CBD Life UK’s oils will get you “˜high’. Moreover, their status as a CTA member means that the company’s CBD products are highly verifiable and trustworthy, and also that they only ever use 100% European hemp.
CO2 Extraction Process
Once they’ve harvested the best buds and flowers, they use CO2 extraction to draw out the high-quality CBD extract that goes into their oils. Solvent-free CO2 extraction processes like these are generally viewed as the safest and most effective ways of deriving CBD from raw hemp plants.
The method means that even in CBD Life UK’s broad-spectrum CBD oils (which don’t have the “˜full-spectrum’ of cannabinoids, including THC) there is a full-spectrum of naturally enhancing terpenes, which have their own reported benefits and form the base of the natural flavour and odor profiles of the oil. CBD Life UK’s broad-and-full-spectrum oils ultimately offer a richer cannabinoid & terpene mix compared with CBD isolate-based alternatives.
Most of the CBD Life UK full-spectrum oil varieties use Medium Chain Triglyceride (MCT) Coconut Oil to carry the rich hemp extract. Cannabidiol is fat-soluble, so infusing it in fat such as MCT coconut oil increases its bioavailability – the efficiency of chemical delivery.
MCT helps CBD completely evade the “˜first-pass metabolism’ process – whereby during digestion a significant amount of CBD can be lost before it reaches the bloodstream and is absorbed. Not only this – but MCT coconut oil is also an easily-digested source of zero-carbohydrate energy, and can be a good source of brain fuel – what more could you want?!
Very few of the CBD Tinctures we have come across have a selection of flavours on offer. We have noticed that as the demand for CBD has gone up, so has the demand for masking the taste! Flavour-wise, the company sticks to a small range of classic flavours done well – like natural hemp, peppermint, lemon, and their “˜golden’ broad-spectrum extract oil.
CBD Life UK made the interesting decision – in a market that’s currently full of competitors diversifying marginal elements of their product offering in order to stand out – of focusing on high-quality CBD in a limited range of flavours, instead of attempting to please every palate. However, their blog does provide some neat and quirky tips and tricks on how to make all sorts of cool things using their CBD oils.
Their CBD Oils come in a range of concentrations – between 400mg/10ml and 2,000mg/10ml – and offer a choice between either full- spectrum or a THC-free broad-spectrum format.
Should I get the CBD Life Raw Hemp Extract or the CBD Life Refined Extract?
The main decision to make when choosing from this CBD Life UK Oils range is whether to go for a raw or a refined extract. CBD Life UK sensibly addresses this question themselves in a blog post on their website, where they note (among other things) that:
- Full-spectrum extracts are ‘raw’, meaning little refinement has occurred during the derivation process
- Full-spectrum extracts will contain traces of THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol), and even though trace amounts, in this case, mean under the psychoactive threshold of 0.2%, consumers may show positive on blood tests
- Full-spectrum oils are likely to be darker in colour and can have a bitter, earthy and/or peppery taste due abundance of the natural terpenes (mostly Caryophyllene)
- Broad-spectrum products are refined to retain a “˜broad’ array of cannabinoids but ensure a THC-free extract
- Broad-spectrum refinements usually involve a form of distillation (as is the case with these oils from CBD Life UK), which can remove undesirable elements of the cannabis extract such as chlorophyll, leaving behind only the active compounds
- Broad-spectrum extracts tend to appear as “˜golden’ oils, with a much milder and more palatable taste than that of raw full-spectrum oils
There’s a useful video on Youtube that explains the difference between the main CBD Oil types (full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, and isolate):
The Difference Between Full Spectrum, Broad Spectrum & Isolate
500mg: Serving = 1/4 Pipette = 12.5mg | 1 Drop = 2.5mg CBD
1000mg: Serving = 1/4 Pipette = 25mg | 1 Drop = 5mg CBD
2000mg: Serving = 1/4 Pipette = 50mg | 1 Drop = 10mg CBD
Why We Like these oils…
This distilled, golden broad-spectrum hemp extract is also infused in MCT coconut oil. These oil drops are THC-free, with a CBD concentration and a broad spectrum of cannabinoids, and full spectrum of terpenes. If you don’t particularly like the distinctive earthy taste of whole plant full-spectrum oils, this one’s for you! The oil is dosed using the pipette. Shake well, take sublingually (drop 1 serving under the tongue and hold for 1-2 minutes before swallowing). 1-3 servings a day. Best taken with a meal.
Distilled, refined broad-spectrum Hemp Extract, coconut-derived MCT Oil
Is CBD Life Hemp Extract Oil safe to consume?
We’ve included some lab reports to demonstrate what you would expect to find in the CBD Life Hemp Extracts. We can see that there are measurable quantities of CBD, CBG, and CBDv. The THC content is below the legal limit meaning this product is compliant and within legal limits.
Dosage and Usage for the CBD Oils
Everybody’s reaction to CBD is different, and due to the diverse ways that people interact with CBD Tinctures and Oils, it is difficult to make specific dosing recommendations.
Consider the dose suggested for each specific product, and when consuming, spray or drop your serving under your tongue and hold for 1-2 minutes before swallowing (alternatively you can add the serving to a drink using a dropper). The oils can be taken with or without food but preferably should be used close to mealtime to counteract any lowering of blood sugar levels. Up to 3 servings a day.
Cautions and Storage:
- If you have a medical condition, take pharmaceutical drugs, or are pregnant or lactating, it’s suggested to consult your physician before use
- Follow the recommended 70mg CBD food supplement daily limit
- Not to be vaped
- Ensure that the oil is kept upright at all times, in a cool dark place when not in use.