CBD Life UK Hemp Oil Spray CBD + CBDa
CBD Life's Hemp Oil Spray is extremely convenient to administer and easy to accurately dose. This well priced little bottle contains CBD and CBDa (Cannabidiolic acid). The spray is available in peppermint, natural hemp or lemon flavours. We think this is a more than sensible decision for anyone looking for some good quality CBD that doesn't break the bank.
CBD Life UK is vocal about the fact that they only extract CBD from Cannabis Sativa flowers and buds. This means that they derive all of their CBD exclusively from the hemp buds and flowers themselves, which are known as the richest and purest CBD centres of the hemp plant. Furthermore, they avoid potentially lower quality sources such as leaves and stems, which can contain unwanted components.
The company’s buds-only approach not only has benefits for quality of the product you consume, but it’s also a more ecologically responsible means of harvesting CBD, as the rest of the plants can then be utilized in textiles or other production processes.
CBD Life also boasts a “unique method” of THC separation, ensuring that their broad-spectrum Oils are THC-free, and the full-spectrum varieties maintain a ‘Farm Bill’ compliant (0.3% or less, and therefore non-psychoactive) concentration of THC. So none of CBD Life UK’s oils will get you ‘high’. Moreover, their status as a CTA member means that the company’s CBD products are highly verifiable and trustworthy, and also that they only ever use 100% European hemp.
CO2 Extraction Process
Once they’ve harvested the best buds and flowers, they use CO2 extraction to draw out the high-quality CBD extract that goes into their oils. Solvent-free CO2 extraction process like these are generally viewed as the safest and most effective ways of deriving CBD from raw hemp plants. The method means that even in CBD Life UK’s broad-spectrum CBD oils (which don’t have the ‘full-spectrum’ of cannabinoids, including THC) there is a full-spectrum of naturally enhancing terpenes, which have their own reported benefits and form the base of the natural flavour and odour profiles of the oil. CBD Life UK’s broad-and-full-spectrum oils ultimately offer a richer cannabinoid & terpene mix compared with CBD isolate-based alternatives.
Most of the CBD Life UK full-spectrum oil varieties use Medium Chain Triglyceride (MCT) Coconut Oil to carry the rich hemp extract. Cannabidiol is fat-soluble, so infusing it in a fat such as MCT coconut oil increases it’s bioavailability – the efficiency of chemical delivery.
MCT helps CBD completely evade the ‘first-pass metabolism’ process – whereby during digestion a significant amount of CBD can be lost before it reaches the bloodstream and is absorbed. Not only this – but MCT coconut oil is also an easily-digested source of zero-carbohydrate energy, and can be a good source of brain fuel – what more could you want?!
Very few of the CBD Tinctures we have come across have a selection of flavours on offer. We have noticed that as the demand for CBD has gone up, so has the demand for masking the taste! Flavour-wise, the company sticks to a small range of classic flavours done well – like natural hemp, peppermint, lemon and their ‘golden’ broad-spectrum extract oil. CBD Life UK made the interesting decision – in a market that’s currently full of competitors diversifying marginal elements of their product offering in order to stand out – of focusing on high-quality CBD in a limited range of flavours, instead of attempting to please every palate. However, their blog does provide some neat and quirky tips and tricks on how to make all sorts of cool things using their CBD oils.
Their CBD Oils come in a range of concentrations – between 400mg/10ml and 2,000mg/10ml – and offer a choice between either full- spectrum or a THC-free broad-spectrum format.
Full-spectrum or Broad-spectrum?
The main decision to make when choosing from this CBD Life UK Oils range is whether to go for a broad-spectrum or a full-spectrum extract. CBD Life UK sensibly addresses this question themselves in a blog post on their website, where they note (among other things) that:
- Full-spectrum extracts are ‘raw’, meaning little refinement has occurred during the derivation process
- Full-spectrum extracts will contain traces of THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol), and even though trace amounts, in this case, mean under the psychoactive threshold of 0.2%, consumers may show positive on blood tests
- Full-spectrum oils are likely to be darker in colour and can have a bitter, earthy and/or peppery taste due abundance of the natural terpenes (mostly Caryophyllene)
- Broad-spectrum products are refined to retain a ‘broad’ array of cannabinoids but ensure a THC-free extract
- Broad-spectrum refinements usually involve a form of distillation (as is the case with these oils from CBD Life UK), which can remove undesirable elements of the cannabis extract such as chlorophyll, leaving behind only the active compounds
- Broad-spectrum extracts tend to appear as ‘golden’ oils, with a much milder and more palatable taste than that of raw full-spectrum oils
There’s also a useful video on youtube that explains the difference between the main CBD Oil types (full-spectrum, broad-spectrum and isolate).
Hemp Oil Spray 400mg CBD + CBDa – full-spectrum, 4% Concentration. | 10ml spray bottle
1 Spray = 5mg CBD. Super duper easy-to-use, full-spectrum and comes in a bunch of flavours including peppermint, lemon and natural hemp. Taken ‘sublingually’ – spray the desired amount under your tongue and hold for 1-2 minutes before swallowing. Take with or without food, but preferably in conjunction to compensate for any reduction in blood sugar levels from the oil.
Hemp Oil Spray 1000mg CBD+CBDa – full-spectrum, 10% Concentration. | 10ml spray bottle
1 Spray = 12.5mg CBD – so this one is more than twice as strong as the 400mg spray option! Similarly, super-duper easy-to-use, full-spectrum and comes in the same selection of flavours. Take sublingually.
Full Co2 Hemp Extract, MCT Oil
Cautions and Storage:
- If you have a medical condition, take pharmaceutical drugs, or are pregnant or lactating, it’s suggested to consult your physician before use
- Follow the recommended 70mg CBD food supplement daily limit
- Trace levels of THC in CBD Life UK’s Oils may still show as positive on drug tests, which is something for anyone considering using CBD products to keep in mind.
- Not to be vaped
- Ensure that the oil is kept upright at all times, in a cool dark place when not in use.