Is it Legal to Buy CBD Flowers in the UK?
We are trying to make these laws clearer, and hoping to guide you in these uncertain times. As different issues arise, we want you to know what to do to stay within the UK’s laws in order to stay safe.
The latest question to arise has been whether or not it is legal to buy, own, or distribute CBD flowers in the UK. Well, this is all you need to know.
Must Read: UK CBD Law – An In-depth Analysis
What are CBD Flowers?
So, what exactly are CBD flowers anyway? Actually, the term “CBD flowers” refers specifically to hemp flowers that are incredibly high in CBD (around 13-15%) and low in THC (usually less than 0.2%).
Thanks to altering strains of hemp over a period of time, there are now a few strains of hemp that produce these CBD-rich flowers, but still produce the low THC which hemp is known for.
CBD flowers have been incredibly popular lately in countries such as the US because they are so high in CBD and so low in THC. Thanks to this they are within the country’s laws regarding THC content, but they also provide a very large amount of CBD.
CBD Flowers and UK Law
CBD flowers are illegal to buy and sell in the UK. The exact reason can sound a bit confusing, but this is what you need to know:
- Possessing any part of cannabis and hemp plants remains illegal in the UK when you don’t have a special license to grow them. This means that cannabis or hemp flowers still remain illegal.
- As stated in the Misuse of Drugs Act of 1971, it remains illegal to cultivate cannabis (a controlled drug) and is therefore illegal to possess any part of the cannabis plant — a category which CBD flowers fall into.
This means that even though hemp flowers may fit into the legal THC limit that CBD must comply with (less than 0.2%) and is non-psychoactive; since they are a part of the cannabis plant, they are illegal.
But this hasn’t stopped people from selling CBD flowers online in the UK. Unfortunately, there are vendors online who sell “CBD flowers” to people who don’t realise that they are illegal.
This has posed a huge problem for both the vendors and the buyers because the vendors are then involved in the sale of illegal and controlled substances, and the buyers are guilty of purchasing and possessing them.
As of now, the British Government is doing all it can to make sure that people know with certainty that CBD flowers, buds, hash and resin are illegal in the UK, no matter what vendors try to tell you.
Of course, the Government has made many efforts to control these incidents, but educating the public on the laws surrounding cannabis products is one of the best ways to avoid these situations altogether.
How to Safely Shop for CBD Online in the UK
The majority of CBD sales in the UK happen online. This is a great thing because it is easy and simple, and many sites offer a lot of information on their products and the CBD experience in general.
This can also pose a bit of a risk because there could be a risk of buying CBD flowers without even knowing they are illegal. Especially since some vendors can be pretty convincing sometimes. However, it is a rare occurrence and now that you’re reading this, you know that CBD flowers are illegal.
Suggested Read: How Safe Is Vaping CBD?
All the same, there are so many other CBD products that are perfect for those of you who would like to add CBD to your daily lives. There is no need to be afraid of all CBD just because CBD/hemp flowers are illegal! Here are some tips for finding the best CBD for you (safely!):
- Look into the stores and brands you are buying from. Make sure they are widely known and trusted. This way, you can be sure that what they are selling is what it claims to be (not illegal!)
- Look for companies that provide 3rd party lab reports on the products you are looking to buy. This allows you to know exactly what’s in the products you are interested in.
- Try to buy from shops and online stores that you trust and that other people trust too. You can do this by getting more acquainted with the brand, their philosophy and principles and you can always look into other people’s experiences!
We know that cannabis and hemp laws have been changing in the UK recently. This is conflicting because it can become confusing, and the line between what is legal and what is illegal can become increasingly harder to distinguish.
Just remember that CBD/hemp flowers are illegal to buy or sell at the moment, while the majority of other CBD products are safe and legal, so don’t shy away from all the other amazing CBD products available!
Where Can I Buy CBD Joints Legally?
Still keen on CBD flower?
Why not try The Goods CBD Pre-Rolls which offer a legal way of smoking CBD in the way you want.
Offering a mixture of herbs with CBD content added separately, The Goods pre-rolled CBD joints are a fully legal way of enjoying CBD in this way.