Bloomin Good Pesto CBD Pizza Recipe
Your daily CBD dose can come in many different forms, some of which are simpler and some can be fun and enjoyable. In this blog, I’m going to show you how to make CBD pizza allowing you to get 2 essential things: your daily CBD dose and your pizza fix (this is definitely essential).
First, it’s important for you to know what CBD is and why it’s good to take it in the form of CBD edibles and food, so below you can find a bit of information about CBD and then you can find my easy and fun pizza recipe.
What is CBD?
CBD (cannabidiol) is one of 110 cannabinoids found in cannabis and hemp plants. You can find it in many different products all the way from cosmetics and edibles to pet treats. It is thanks to this characteristic versatility that CBD has been easing its way into so many people’s daily lives — everyone can find the perfect way to take CBD.
There are still, unfortunately, a few misconceptions about CBD given that it does come from cannabis and hemp plants, and cannabis is known for its psychoactive effects. However, CBD does not cause psychoactive effects. The component responsible for these effects is called tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and is very different from CBD. Therefore, there is no reason for you to worry about CBD causing a high or any psychoactive effects whatsoever.
Why Should I Take CBD Edibles?
When we eat anything, our digestive system is responsible for breaking it down as quickly as it can and distributing it throughout our bodies in order to nurture us and give us energy. This process is quicker and in many ways more efficient than other ways to ingest nutrients, and the same goes for taking CBD.
When CBD is processed through our digestive system, it begins its journey to our endocannabinoid system (ECS for short, the system in our bodies made specifically for processing cannabinoids) almost immediately. Therefore, for a quick and efficient way to take CBD, eating it is usually suggested.
Of course, there are also many different ways to eat CBD: there are CBD gummies and chocolates for those with a sweet tooth, there is CBD cooking oil, CBD Oil on its own, CBD Paste, and also CBD Tablets and Capsules. All of these are great, and you should definitely try one or two if you are interested in taking CBD orally.
Well, with all these forms available, you might think that those are the only options you can choose from, but you must not forget that you can make your own CBD food and drinks! This is a great way to make sure you’re getting the exact amount of CBD you need and want, and it’s also a fun way to change things up. Not to mention, it’s a great way to make CBD a part of your life.
So below, we’ll get started on the best CBD Pizza recipe on the web!
How to Make CBD Pizza
Keep in mind that there are a few different ways to incorporate CBD into your pizza, such as in the dough, in the sauce, or even in oil which are recommended for types of pizza such as Margherita or Caprese pizza. Today I’ll show you how to make a delicious pesto sauce for our Bloomin Good Pesto Pizza!
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 full droppers of your favourite Full Spectrum CBD Oil
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (use more or less to suit your taste)
- Pizza dough (you can use rolled or ready-made)
- Sliced Tomatoes
- Sliced Chestnut Mushrooms
- Goat cheese (crumbled)
- Mozzarella (shredded)
- Red peppers (diced)
- Using a food processor, add the basil and pine nuts and pulse a few times to combine. Then, add the garlic, parmesan, salt, pepper and pepper flakes and pulse a few more times.
- With the food processor running on low, pour in the olive oil and Full Spectrum CBD Oil in a slow, steady stream. Continue processing until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Next, spread the pesto on your pizza dough (either the rolled or ready-made) and top with the tomatoes, goat cheese, red peppers, and mozzarella. You can always add your favourite toppings too!
- Cook pizza in the oven until browned on medium-low heat at a temperature no higher than 180 °C to avoid evaporating the CBD.
Now you have a Bloomin Good Pesto Pizza! Don’t be afraid to mix it up with the ingredients either. The possibilities are endless and you can experiment with different flavour or textures, or you can go with one of your favourite classic pizzas. The power is yours!
If you would like to be experimental with more ways you can incorporate CBD into your pizza nights, you can also try making CBD-infused dipping sauces or dressings for a more opulent experience.
The final word in this is that you can make CBD pizza by incorporating the cannabinoid into many different parts of the pizza, and you can experiment a bit until you find your favourite way of making CBD meet your fave — pizza!